Be A Volunteer – Make a Difference!
People get into volunteering as they wish to contribute for the society and make a difference. So if you find yourself with extra time, then why not consider of dedicating a few hours towards community service. Who knows, you may explore some hidden talent within yourself or learn few new skills that can help you up some managerial skills.
Volunteering also allows you to connect with your community and make it a better place to live. Just helping out with the smallest of things can make a huge difference to the lives of people in need.
All wish to volunteer their time for a noble cause, but exploring the best volunteering opportunities can be a mammoth task altogether. Volunteering options are usually related to children, women, elderly, animals, disabled people and so on, which one can opt for. There are multiple options for volunteering in India and one can easily start participating actively by just assessing the following:
- Firstly start to list down the sort of organisation you would like to help; for example you wish to help orphan kids or an old age home.
- Then it’s time to list what you have in your plate to offer or any skills such as IT, marketing, teaching etc. For example if you are good at marketing, you can prove beneficial in fund raising.
- Check whether you can work as a team member with dedication and commitment.
- Be clear about how much time you can devote to volunteer
- Make it clear about your roles and responsibilities right from the beginning to set expectations
- Search for organisations which function from close to your residence, browse their websites and the roles they are offering. It can also ensure regularity and one tend to stick for longer if the place is in close proximity.
- If time commitment is an issue, there are one-off volunteering roles as well as opportunities at weekends or out of office hours
BE A GREAT VOLUNTEER
Part of having a great volunteer experience relies on your ability to be a great volunteer. These basic principles are good to keep in mind:
- Be professional: Always bring in your best just like you do at work. You can witness an impressive result by mixing professionalism with passion.
- Honor your volunteer commitments: Always delivery on what is being committed and spending your valuable time for the cause is very critical.
- Collaborative Mindset: Social welfare goals cannot be achieved by a single person. Hence you need to mingle with your team mates and collective work towards a goal.
- Result Driven: Work seriously towards the set goals and make sure to achieve the desired results to make a campaign successful. It should have set processes and systems just like every business.
Choosing the best volunteering ideas around you can help lessen stress, find new pals, reach, learn novel skills, and may also advance your career. Helping and giving to others will also result in peace of mind and inner satisfaction.
Donate Your Sweat is one such NGO that is working towards various social causes, with an aims to make sustainable living & creating awareness with its limited available resource. Donate Your Sweat aims to educate, inspire, advocate, and create change, which spotlight and support environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable ways of better living and create networks of people, organisations and content (to consume and share) to push for sustainable community as well as better life. Register with us and find best volunteering opportunities in your city.
Tags: Best Nonprofit Blog, Best Volunteer Activity Ideas, Best Volunteering Ideas, Best Volunteering Opportunities, Donate Your Sweat, How to be a Volunteer, Responsible Citizen, Volunteering Ideas Around, Volunteering in India
Comments are closed